Conference weekend came and went and we had a great time. It's always nice to stay home and enjoy being instructed and uplifted in front of the television. Like everyone I sure enjoyed conference this session as there were many wonderful talks (from what I could hear in between the kids.) We are truly going to miss Arizona weather as the kids were able to go out and do some yard work with Ryan. (Who would have thought you can get sunburned in April?)
On Sunday afternoon we decided to go to a park for a picnic. We thought it would be fun to take the kids to see the ducks...little did we know how ferocious those things can be. Not long into our picnic we were chased off by this super territorial goose. I quickly realized that I would not be the kind of person you would want around in an emergency because as soon as the dumb bird came charging at us I took off...and so did Ryan. I looked back just in time to see our two kids standing there all alone screaming because we totally left them.(Great parents!)





4 comments:
I couldn't help but notice that your blanket is in the shade. It is still so cold here whenever we go out we have to position ourselves in the sun and it is still freezing. Cute Family. Good Luck with your move to Texas.
The story with the ducks is hysterical - I can totally see you running off screaming! It will teach your kids to be brave :) They are so cute!!
Funny! Those dang ducks. Watch out, they will peck your eyes out! Cute kids and I am very jealous of the picnic outside! Still going crazy up here in the cold! Your kids look so cute sitting there on the blanket!
What a funny story! I'd have done the same thing. It's so fun to see those familiar AZ surroundings...I feel like I haven't been outside in ages with the weather here. Hopefully you'll have more of those nice winters and springs in Texas!
Post a Comment