Sunday, February 21, 2010

Christmas Eve...in February!

Well, I guess it's better than March. I'd really like to start March all caught up so I guess I'd better get busy! We had a great Christmas season, lot's of shopping, parties, and spending time with all our family! Christmas Eve we went over to the Wade's first for their traditional party, and like usual it was a lot of fun. We had some great food and the kids loved opening their Christmas Eve present. This year we also had the kids act out the Nativity story as Ryan's Dad retold it. We all had a great time and some good laughs as Jackson struggled to keep his shepherd costume on. The towels were getting the best of him for most of the night.







After we left the Wade's we headed back to my parents just in time to eat some yummy dessert and listen to my Dad tell the Nativity Story...a Yeates tradition. We visited with the fam. and then said goodbye's and got things ready for Santa.






Cookies and hot chocolate for Santa and an apple for Rudolph.



Jackson busily writing his letter to Santa. One last plea to redeem himself after a rough year. :) just kidding buddy!



I think it was a hit! Santa even left a great letter for the kids.

1 comment:

Chris and Michelle said...

That's cute! I'm never on top of it enough to have fresh cookies and hot cocoa to leave out for Santa but I think I could handle an apple for Rudolph... :)
I am so glad you were able to spend such quality time with your fam for the holidays, Sare! Looks like you made some great memories!
Chris' brother and sis in law are done w/ law school and living in Dallas now... if we ever make it out there to visit I am giving you a call! :)