Happy Easter!
She was the only one I could get a decent pose out of for a picture.
Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday. Ryan had Friday off so we did all our celebrating then as he had to pull another 30 hour shift starting Sunday morning at 5. We had a great time dying eggs, hunting for eggs, having lunch on our new Easter dishes, and eating loads of candy as is evident from the pictures of Jackson. As you can see in the photos the kid doesn't waste anytime when there is chocolate around. As for the actual holiday, Ryan was at work and I struggled to get all of us ready and to church on time in hopes to get things ready for Primary (ya, that didn't happen) but I am happy to say that we did manage to make it there without any horrific disasters. We even managed to get some what of a picture of all the kids before we left. And the even bigger miracle was the fact that we lasted all three hours! That is truly a miracle if you know Jackson at all, he just can't make it through Sacrament Meeting. Thanks to some wonderful people in our Ward who manage to bail me out week after week. Truly I am so grateful for people that are so willing to help. We really have a great Ward, so many people invited me and the kids over to celebrate Easter as soon as they realized Ryan would be gone. One thing that I have realized and come to appreciate more as I have lived away is the love and service of others. It's sad to admit but it probably never would have occurred to me to offer to help someone who was struggling with their kids at church or anywhere. Not because I wouldn't want to but I would be afraid I would offend them or it may just be too uncomfortable to approach them. But one thing I have learned from having to handle my three kids alone is that I will never again let an opportunity pass by that I won't offer to help, in hopes of returning the favor that so many people have so willing given to me. Thanks again for every ones help! Hope everyone enjoyed the day.

*We almost made it through a day with Ryan gone and no incident but Jackson managed to fall off the bar stool and put his tooth through his lip after dinner. After deliberating over the phone with Ryan as to whether or not to take him in for stitches, and 30 minutes of bleeding management we decided to wait it out. Bedtime and three kids in an ER with one parent does not paint a pretty picture. However if I thought they would have stitched a lip I would have gone anyway.* Seriously, I hope this kid makes it to three with teeth left!
Despite all the chaos we were still able to focus on the true meaning of the days celebration. How grateful I am for a loving Father in Heaven who is so intimately aware of our needs and was willing to send his Son, our Savior to atone for each of us. I rejoice in the knowledge that He was indeed resurrected and that He lives. I am so grateful for His perfect example and infinite love.





6 comments:
What is with Jackson?? It will be a miracle if he has teeth left! You kids all look cute in their Easter clothes and I am impressed that you go to church by yourself. Amazing. And even more amazing is that you made it all the way through the 3 hours. We have only done that once with the entire hoard. You really amaze me!
wow...an easter miracle! you better get something amazing on mother's day for going to church without ryan. and then to deal with another lip catastrophe on top of it...pretty incredible!
Ok Jacks...you are making me nervous! Maybe I don't want Austin to grow up and become an adventurous boy! he he he. Love you guys.
Oh my goodness. Poor Jackson!!! I can't believe all of his mouth related injuries lately. Looking on the bright side, they are all baby teeth... Parker is yet to have any severe teeth incidents, but he too loves chocolate and can't sit through Sacrament, either. Church ends up being somewhat torturous when Chris is gone (I hate to admit), so I so sympathize with you on that! I am with you - I totally appreciate anyone who steps up to help. You don't realize what a blessing that can really be to someone unless you've been on the receiving end, like you said.
Your kids look adorable, as usual, Sara! Glad you had a fun Easter!
Hey there! Sounds like your Easter was super eventful! Where is Madisons dress from? It looks like this dress I like from Naartjie, I still want to buy it for Hailey-I'm just waiting to go to the outlets! It's cute though. Jacksons poor lip- at least they have some nice choices out there for tooth replacement just in case Jackson makes this a lifetime hobby! Good luck with that little one!
Sara, you are an AMAZING mom! Really! You are always so positive about everything. I can totally relate to the whole thing about being nervous to offer to help people with their kids... until NOW. I step in whenever I can because it has been a life saver when people have done it for me! Thank goodness for the church family when we live so far away from our own.
Post a Comment